NEW YORK, NY–(Marketwired – Jan 12, 2015) – National Retail Federation Big Show 2015 – Oracle (NYSE: ORCL)
Establishing an online retail presence has helped Chemmart Pharmacy to extend its localized approach, enabling customers to liaise directly with their local pharmacy online. This innovative e-commerce business model built on Oracle Commerce enables the national chain to offer a greater range of products and services, better local inventory visibility, and a more personalized, relevant and convenient experience to each customer. Local stores are seeing the benefits of increased sales, including a tripling of the average order value, as each pharmacy manages its own online entity and recognizes the resulting revenue on its ledgers.
- Chemmart Pharmacy has extended its business online with Oracle Commerce by launching Chemmart.com.au, enabling the Australian pharmacy chain to align its community pharmacy approach with the convenience, speed, and other benefits of a commerce anywhere offering.
- Using Oracle Commerce, Chemmart Pharmacy has developed an innovative, decentralized e-commerce model that allows each pharmacy to manage its online store, including range and pricing of prescription and general health items, ensuring revenue is directed back to each store, rather than to the corporate entity.
- Customers visiting the e-commerce site are required to select their local store before browsing and purchasing items or scheduling health checks or other services, and they can select whether to collect in store or have their order picked, packed and delivered by that local store.
- Since the Oracle Commerce deployment, Chemmart Pharmacy has tripled its average order size and seen an increase in purchases of higher value and non-prescription items.
- Chemmart Pharmacy attributes the sales increase to customers having access to a wider range of products online and a better understanding of item availability. In turn, this has resulted in significant adoption of Chemmart’s Click n’ Collect service, with forty-one percent of its customers choosing to fulfill purchases in this way.
- With work underway to incorporate mobile into the service offering early in 2015, Chemmart Pharmacy is extending its commitment to customers by delivering a comprehensive commerce anywhere experience.
- Chemmart Pharmacy chose Oracle due to its multi-store solution functionality, ability to handle complex legal and regulatory requirements for its franchise network, and the business site management capabilities, which are integrated in the solutions.
- Chemmart.com.au was successfully launched in April 2014 with support of Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN) Gold level members Object Edge and HotHouse, as well as Temando and Intellipharm.
- “With the help of Oracle’s support and experience, we have been able to launch an e-commerce solution that aligns directly with our brand values,” said Andrew Vidler, general manager retail, Chemmart Pharmacy. “From a customer perspective, this local approach has the benefit of continuity of care and the convenience of choosing between home delivery or collecting the order at their local pharmacy.”
- “Oracle Commerce solutions have provided Chemmart with a strong start to its commerce anywhere journey, helping to ensure that each pharmacy can offer a truly multichannel brand experience and a seamless service,” said Mike Webster, senior vice president and general manager, Oracle Retail and Hospitality.
- About Chemmart
- About Oracle Commerce
- Oracle Retail on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube
- Oracle Retail Blog
- Oracle Commerce Anywhere Blog
- Oracle Retail Asset and Community Knowledge Portal
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE: ORCL), visit oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Source Article from http://finance.yahoo.com/news/chemmart-pharmacy-extends-innovative-personalized-130000560.html
Chemmart Pharmacy Extends Innovative, Personalized Customer Experience to the Web With Oracle Commerce
pharmacy – Yahoo News Search Results
pharmacy – Yahoo News Search Results