BETHLEHEM, PA–(Marketwired – Dec 3, 2014) – B. Braun Medical Inc. (B.Braun) will be a leading sponsor and will exhibit its broad portfolio of pharmacy products and services at this year’s American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP) Midyear Clinical Meeting in Anaheim, CA, December 8th-10th.
B.Braun will be a Gold Sponsor of the Intelligent Pharmacy™ Pavillion at ASHP. Attendees will walk through three live simulation rooms: the Central Pharmacy, Hospital Pharmacy and the Nursing Unit. As attendees walk through each simulation room, actors will portray the new technology in use as they listen to a case study and follow a patient from order entry to delivery. B.Braun will feature its PharmView application, DoseTrac® and PINNACLE® TPN Manager for iPad capabilities during these sessions.
The company will also sponsor an OnGuard™ Promotional Theater. Dr. András Süle and Dr. Alan-Shaun Wilkinson will each present new data about the OnGuard Closed-System Drug Transfer Device. Dr. Süle will give a presentation titled, Assessment of Cytotoxic Contamination and Efficacy of OnGuard to Reduce Contamination Risk. Dr. Wilkinson will give a presentation titled, Relevance of Stability and Sterility Performance of the OnGuard Closed-System Transfer Device (CSTD) When Attached to Drug Vials. Both presentations will take place on Wednesday, December 10th, 12:45pm-1:45pm in the Exhibit Hall, end of aisle 1700.
“At B.Braun, we pride ourselves with Sharing Expertise® through our extensive and growing pharmacy portfolio that addresses the needs of our valued and diversified customers,” said Rick Williamson, Vice President of Pharmaceutical Marketing at B.Braun. We are passionately committed to eliminating preventable treatment errors, enhancing patient, clinician and environmental safety with products, services and education. B.Braun continues to expand upon its customized approach to clinical nutrition and compounding to meet the needs of patients along the entire clinical pathway,” added Williamson.
B.Braun will feature the following products and services at its booth (#1853) during ASHP:
- TITAN™ XL, the only large-volume, flexible containers approved in the U.S. that are not made with natural rubber latex, DEHP or PVC.
- B.Braun is committed to growing its clinical nutrition compounding offerings and recently received FDA approval for Sterile Water for Injection USP in 2L and 3L TITAN XL containers. These pharmacy bulk package new products will be used with B.Braun’s PINNACLE TPN Management System and other automated compounding devices.
- E3 ™ IV containers are a first of its kind offering that provide healthcare professionals with the highest quality, easy-to-use IV containers that are not made with natural rubber latex, DEHP or PVC. E3 represents the latest advancement in IV container technology in more than 25 years.
- B.Braun’s Clinical Nutrition 360 comprehensive solution approach will be discussed during ASHP. Whether through outsourcing, in-house compounding and/or ready-to-use solutions, Clinical Nutrition 360 can help customers optimize the safe administration of the appropriate parenteral nutrition products for their patients. B.Braun has the solution to meet all your nutrition admixing needs.
- B.Braun also recently received FDA approval for Nutrilipid® 20% (I.V. fat emulsion) in flexible containers that are not made with natural rubber latex, DEHP or PVC. The approval of Nutrilipid 20% will help alleviate the short supply of lipid emulsion products the U.S. has seen over the past two years.
- The PINNACLE® TPN Management System, which streamlines all functional areas of operation and manages all aspects of the TPN process for improved compounding efficiency and safety. The enhanced, easier-to-use PINNACLE TPN Manager Software will also be featured, which allows pharmacists to enter orders remotely using iPads.
- OnGuard™ Closed Medication System, a next-generation closed-system drug transfer device (CSTD), underscores B.Braun’s commitment to helping protect healthcare workers from exposure to hazardous drugs. It meets the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health definition of a CSTD in actual drug testing with antineoplastic agents. To learn more about hazardous drug exposure and to download an educational poster visit www.CytotoxicExposure.com.
- B.Braun’s Synchronized Intelligence™ Infusion Platform, launched at AACN NTI 2014, offers customers the first and only wireless, integrated technology system for IV pump infusion that is IHE* certified for all three AutoComplete integration functions, which include auto-programming, auto-documentation and auto-notification. New software applications will be launched at ASHP, including DoseTrac® Infusion Management Software for iPad and PharmView. DoseTrac’s real-time reporting and insight for pharmacy, nursing, and biomed identifies continuous quality improvements for additional drug library enhancements and corrective practice education all through the iPad. Additionally, PharmView provides pharmacist real-time infusion insight in order to proactively prepare IVs before they are due to the patient and help achieve “just in time” production.
About B. Braun
B. Braun Medical Inc. (B.Braun), a leader in infusion therapy and pain management, develops, manufactures, and markets innovative medical products and services to the healthcare industry. The Company is committed to eliminating preventable treatment errors and enhancing patient, clinician and environmental safety. Guided by its “Sharing Expertise®” philosophy, B.Braun continuously exchanges knowledge with customers, partners and clinicians to address the critical issues of improving care and lowering costs.
The B.Braun Group of Companies in the U.S. includes B.Braun, B.Braun Interventional Systems, Aesculap® and CAPS®. B.Braun’s U.S. headquarters is located in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania. The B.Braun Group of Companies employs more than 50,000 employees in more than 60 countries throughout the world. To learn more about B.Braun visit www.BBraunUSA.com.
*IHE -Integrating the Healthcare Enterprise
Source Article from http://finance.yahoo.com/news/b-brauns-extensive-pharmacy-portfolio-185000063.html
B. Braun's Extensive Pharmacy Portfolio to Be Showcased at ASHP
pharmacy – Yahoo News Search Results
pharmacy – Yahoo News Search Results